I wanted to create this blog just for you. Think of it as letters of love and encouragement from me to you. You my dear daughter are such a special little girl. You have a beautiful and kind heart and I pray you will always hold on to that. I pray that as you grow older,you and I will grow closer. I pray that I will do a job well done in teaching you the things about life and about living for God. I love you so much sweet Abby. You bring so much JOY to my life and to all those around you. You are an amazing big sister and I can tell that your siblings just love and adore you. Thank you for being who you are. I am so thankful that God chose to make me your Mother.
Love you with every part of my heart
Mama.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dearest Abigail, Love Daddy



My Dearest Abigail Joy,
 
Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Princess! I can't believe that you are already 8 years old... It seems like just yesterday when Mommy would go to her ladies meetings at Church and I would babysit you. You were so attached to Mommy that you would lay at the front door and cry for her. After about an hour, you would let me hold you and you would fall asleep in my arms. I would try my best, but it wasn't very good. I think I've gotten a little bit better now that I've had practice with you and JoJo and Ellie.
 
I am so proud of you and am so thankful that you are my daughter. I know that I am not always a perfect daddy, but I really do want to be the best dad that I can be for you and JoJo and Ellie. I want to set the right example for you. I want to love you and treat you with kindness, tenderness, and patience. I want to be the kind of man that I would want for you to marry one day. I hope that I succeed in doing that, so much that you are willing to wait for God to bring His perfect choice into your life, and that you never settle for less or second best.
 
You amaze me everyday with how smart, thoughtful, and beautiful you are. Almost every single week, someone makes a comment that you look more and more like your mom. (The most beautiful woman in the world).... I have to agree that you look like Mommy, except for you have my same eyes, which is something that JoJo and Ellie don't have.
 
I am glad that you chose a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge for your birthday- We all had such a good time and will always remember celebrating your 8th Birthday there.
 
I pray for you everyday- that you will love God with all of your heart- that you will choose to do right- that your attitude will be good and positive. If you will do those things, you will be happy, blessed, and successful.
 
I hope you always know that I love you and that I am always here for you and always have time for you.
 
Happy Birthday!
 
Love Always and Forever,
 
Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. Hello daddy I love you thank you dad for the letter. I loved it. I will try my best to be good. love Abby

    ReplyDelete